Indie Komiks Making
Have you wondered how it is to break into the Comic industry? If you think you have a story to tell? Then this workshop is for you. Bring your comics to the next level. Develop, Share and Profit from your Comics.
Let us show you in this mentoring workshop. Learn various skills in story development, thumbnailing, pacing, rhythm, Grid Layouts, Lettering, Balloon Placements, Sound Effects, Cover pages and a lot more! Students with the best work will get the chance to showcase their comics at the Komikon convention in November 2015.
As long as you are passionate about making comics you are welcome to take this workshop.
Students will be able to:
- Create and write their own Story/Concept/Message
- Identify different Genres/Types of Indies today (Local Scene)
- Understand basic Elements of a Comic Page
- Draw proper Thumbnails
- Layout and design Pages
- Understand the Grid layout system
- Create Lettering and Balloons (Speech, Captions, Sound Effects)
- Draw their own Cover page
- Understand Comic publishing and Exhibitions
Final Project: Komiks
At the end of the class, the instructor will choose a student who will join him at Komikon in November 2015 and have the chance to sell his/her comics.
Materials not included:
Students must bring their own pencils, erasers and sketchpad
P4,500 ( Group of 4 )
P4,000 ( Group of 6 )